Fluid Interactive, Inc has developed AmbientOcclusion Pro for sketchup to perform quick visualization with color, textures and depth-of-field.
AmbientOcclusion is a very rapid visualization plugin for SketchUp that can be used to produce a visually convincing preview of the 3d models, featuring space and relations between objects.
AmbientOcclusion Pro is compatible with SketchUp 2013, SketchUp 2014, SketchUp 2015, SketchUp 2016.
To visualize any 3d model, go to the menu Extensions -> AmbientOcclusion -> Render. Alternatively, click the render button on the toolbar. As soon as the rendering window opens, the options accessible on the window’s toolbar like resolution, quality, etc. can be used.
In some earlier versions of SketchUp, AmbientOcclusion is located under the menu Plugins -> AmbientOcclusion.
How to set up AmbientOcclusion
AmbientOcclusion extension is available as an .rbz file to be set up from the SketchUp preferences. After the completion of download, go through the following steps:
1. In SketchUp, choose Window > Preferences (Microsoft Windows) or SketchUp > Preferences (Mac OS X).
2. In the dialog box preview, choose Extensions located in the sidebar on the left.
3. On the Extensions pane, click the Install Extension button.
4. In the Open dialog box preview, drive the .rbz file saved to your computer, choose the file, and click OK (Microsoft Windows) or Open (Mac OS X).
5. When SketchUp notifies you for installing only extensions from reliable sources, click Yes to continue and install your extension. (This supposes you do, in fact, rely on the source of your extension.)
6. Restart SketchUp
Download a 15-days trial version fluidinteractive.com