Fredo6 has released their new extension named FredoCorner which is an upgrade version of previous RoundCorner that become now a paid version to work in the corners and splits.
Justin Geis: Justin Geis is the founder of The SketchUp Essentials and started using SketchUp while he was working as a general contractor in 2008 and after using it he found that SketchUp is extremely powerful that he just started to use it in his personal works also. Then he started The SketchUp Essentials as a place where he could share his ideas of using SketchUp easily through some tutorials and tips to help other users controlling the power of 3D Modeling in everyday lives.
About Extension Warehouse: It is an online resource with various plug-ins developed made especially for SketchUp and these extensions help to add some special tools and features to SketchUp. These extensions can be found for any particular application like drawing or 3D printing and some industry specified tools for architecture, interior design, construction and many more. So basically in this Extension Warehouse people can do the following things:
- Users can search extensions by name or as per the functionality.
- They can also install various extensions with a single click of a button.
- Or users can also control all the extensions from easy-to-use location in the My Extension page.
FredoCorner is a new extension from Fredo6 designed to help the users in generating rounded corners or edges within SketchUp; this extension is as similar as the old RoundCorner extension, but it creates rounded edges with an improved algorithm and also has added some new tools. It works in stripping of edges and corners of 3D shapes, in 3D modes: Round, Bevel and Subdivision Mesh; this tool also has a Repair tool to undo any kind of generated shape rounding. But it doesn’t exchange the old RoundCorner extension and remains supported as it will become a paid plugin after a 2-3 month free period.
FredoCorner is placed on a different algorithm and has many additional features, like:
- Handling more difficult shapes with triangulation at vertices
- Subdivision mesh
- Repair/ Undo/ Redo
- Preview mode
- Asymmetrical offset
- Variable offset with borders
- Works across boundaries of groups and Components
- Corners are symmetrical
- Edible corner profiles with Squrcles and Bezier
- More types of corner geometrics are supported
New functions of FredoCorner:
- It is may be the biggest change within FedoCorner as it is opposed to RoundCorner where the corners are all balanced and they can be edited with the Profile Rounding Function; this tool allows users to adjust the way of creating rounded curves with FredoCorner.
- This new upgraded tool also offers the ability for reversing the curves that allow creating corners which move both inward and outward.
- This extension can also handle much more difficult corners now than previous did in RoundCorner.
- There is a new preview button added which helps users to quickly view the created geometry with the look without creating it.
- Besides that, it also allows live editing the curves by clicking and dragging with preview mode active.
- The offset line lengths can also be edited now by clicking on them and adding a new value; users can offset individual lines or full offset by double clicking.
- The major thing is that users can now select a group or component and active FredoCorner without editing the raw geometry.
- There is also a subdivide function that allows to split object into squads that allows users to use an extension like SubD or Artisan to subdivide the shapes without any deformation.
SketchUp or Google SketchUp is mainly a3D modeling computer program that is used for a broad range of drawing applications used by architects, interior designer, landscape architects, civil and mechanical engineers, film and video game designers also. SketchUp can be getting as a freeware version named SketchUp Make and a paid version with many more extra benefits called SketchUp Pro. SketchUp is software from Trimble Company and there is an online library of free model congregations and 3D Warehouse to which users can add other models; besides that, the program has drawing layout functionality with variable ‘styles’, supports third-party ‘plug-in’ programs hosted on the Extension Warehouse to supply other abilities and enables placement of its models in Google Earth. As SketchUp users are most of architects, designers, builders, makers and engineers etc. who works hard to give a nice shape to our physical world, they need great tools to do the work. SketchUp is in mission to bring their best to produce some great tools for drawing as drawing is the key thing of the SketchUp users. They draw to search ideas, to identify the things and to show other people their work that they do with love and love to build; SketchUp understands it truly and trying to improve their software day by day. SketchUp is a worth useful software for its ease of use, it can be downloaded or installed o computer and right after that user can work on it. Though SketchUp can easily handle but still there are some sides where people will find some difficulties and lots of solve also are there like YouTube tutorials upon SketchUp or visiting SketchUp website or search Google etc. But people will get confused to have lots of information from different places upon one thing so there should a proper place or website where all the answers can be found.