Sky View Analysis is an exclusive sketchup plugin that can be used to work out sky exposure and sky view factor.
SVF: Sky View Factor (SVFs) demonstrates the ratio at a point in space among the visible sky and a hemisphere centered over the analyzed location (Oke 1981).
• If SVF of a point is 0 the entire sky is barred from view through obstacles.
• If SVF of a point is 1 the whole sky is free from view through obstacles (ideal rural scenario).
A relation persists among Sky View Factor and Radiation.
for SVF = 0 :
1. there is no short-wave reflection
2. there is no long-wave nocturnal interference
for SVF > 0 :
1. incoming day-time short-wave reflection is raised throughout the day
2. outgoing night-time long-wave radiation is decreased
3. incoming night-time long-wave radiation is raised
4. altered soil heat flux
• Generate Sky Exposure Mask
• Generate Sky View Factor Mask
• Apply several times similar dome for Sky Exposure measurement
It belongs to an open source plugin and it is available in GitHub-AntonelloDN
For online demonstration, go through the following video tutorial.