SketchUp stores the most needed application to design some serious works. SketchUp users often face difficulties in inserting an angle correctly to the design. Angular dimension helps you measure the right angle. This content brings out the easiest way to put an angle with maintaining accuracy. The easy yet effective tool in SketchUp maps everything related to an angle dimension for you. Steve Baumgartner introduced Angular Dimensions for SketchUp users with adding essential aspects needed for adding the right angle to your design. The content deals with tips to add inner and outer angular dimensions to your design. It also discusses a few questions regarding this tool.
It is an extension that you need to install first. As the name said, it defines angles of your model. To activate the extension, choose the option angular dimension from the tools menu.
Angular dimension in 3D design comes up with an array of complexities. Steve tried his best to eliminate existing problems and offered an understandable approach that helps you know inner and outer dimensions.
To draw an angle, you need to choose three points in your design – the first end, the end point and the second end. The angular dimension shoes you the angle of your chosen area with a leader text. For toggling between inner and outer dimensions, use TAB button.
Generally queries related to SketchUp Angular dimension tools:
Many users complain that SketchUp Angular dimension tool is missing. They must understand that it is not a built-in tool and they have to install the plugin to use. For this, please check https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?pln=draw_angle_dim
This tool comes under the features of marking dimensions in SketchUp. Whenever you need to mark a distance and angle in your model, linear dimension and angular dimension prove to be very useful.
A guide to create an Angular Dimensions:
It follows a few steps to design an angle. Details are mentioned below:
1. When the tool is in active, click a point that makes an angle. On hovering the cursor over the line, you will find On Line or On Point interference. A dash blue line will appear when you click the point.
2. Click the angle’s vertex to create a one-half of the angle. See Callout 1.
3. Click the point that creates the other half of the angle.
4. On moving the cursor to the angle’s vertex, a blue dash line will appear. When the line crosses the first line, a hollow point is created that defines angle’s vertex. Callout 2.
5. Click the angle vertex to create an angular dimension.
6. Move the cursor from the vertex area to the direction of the angle you measure.
7. Click to measure the angular dimension. Callout 3.
The information above helps you know how to measure angular dimension of your SketchUp design. it needs your creative part of your designing.
Article Source: blog.sketchup.com